Sunday, September 27, 2009

That is so Turkey

It is finally that time. Classes at Boğaziçi start tomorrow! No more Project Runway marathons, no more sleeping in until 11am, and no more day trips with restaurant owners to perfect little fishing villages on the Asian side of the Bosphorus. At least not Monday-Thursday. So, on tap for tomorrow is Second Language Acquisition......a class that is considered to be one of the more challenging classes in the TESOL program. Or is it considered the most boring? I forget. Anyway, the professor has not released the location of the class as of late, and well, this was to be expected. Hopefully, we will be given at least one hour to find the room considering Boğaziçi is spread out over 4 campuses (ok, ok...2 of the campuses are not that heavily used) and the South Campus is quite a hike away. Ahh, that is so Turkey.
I have another roommate! A Turk! While I had a little bit of trouble figuring out which female standing in front of me was my roommate-Domla or her mother-it turns out that I have scored once again! Another stylish and very friendly young lady. My only complaint--I just throw my silverware in a drawer and/or use plastic utensils, while she has her knives, forks, and spoons neatly organized in a little cup with a doily beneath them. In addition, she is probably an excellent cook. Oh no. Whatever shall we do?
TuRkEy Difference of the Day: The light switch is on the outside of the bathroom. Problem #1. I always forget this fact and have to exit, turn on the light, and enter once again. Problem #2. Mean people can turn off the light while you are using the tuvalet. Problem #3. I don't like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment